Welcome to the Kramer Forum

Kramer Forum - dedicated to Kramer guitars and basses, instruments for rock musicians.
It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:25 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:03 pm 
KF ADMIN

On Thursday July, the 6th we will celebrate the 1 year anniversary of the new Kramer Forums. I want to personally thank each one of you for helping make this place possible. When George announced the closing of the original forum there were many that pleaded they did not want to make the move to Facebook. Not to disparage George, but I think it is fair to state that the move to Facebook did not invigorate the Kramer hobby as I think he felt it might. No matter really. When I stated I would be willing to open and maintain the new forum I made the statement that I wanted the place to keep the “neighborhood bar” feel. I am proud to say I feel that has been achieved. I made a promise to all of you keep the place open regardless of participation at the new place. I feel as firm on that promise today as ever. That being said- I have come up with something that I hope will increase participation, give everyone a chance to win a nice little prize, and fund the place for the upcoming year.

-Announcing- The first annual Kramer Forums Raffle and Fund-raiser! What I have come up with is what will further be known as “The Ultimate Mutt Giveaway”. The parts acquired are what I would call condition 9 or better. Details on the guitar are as follows.

85 Focus 2000 Body
85 Focus 1000 Naner R2 Neck
Black Gotoh Tuners
Seymour Duncan SH2 Neck Pickup
Dimarzio Super Distortion Bridge Pickup
Original Black German Floyd Rose with Black R2 Nut
Original Floyd Rose HEAVY brass block.
Original Black Schaller Strap Pins
As seen in the picture the neck is originally a white that has aged perfectly. I have taken that neck to the automotive store in hopes to match the body. Resident forum supporter and all around good guy Paul has agreed to shoot the body for the giveaway. I hope the paint is a nice match, as that color match is on me!

-The Details (Da Rulz)-
There will be only be Twenty-Six (26) chances sold. Each entry will cost $25.00. In case you need help with the math that means you will have at least 1 in 26 odds to win. Members with more than 100 posts will be eligible to buy as many chances as they wish. Only members with more than 20 posts are eligible to enter. To enter you must send a PayPal gift in the amount that covers your entry. PLEASE put your nick in the memo.

As demonstrated above- participation here at Kramer Forums buys you preference. Once payment is received I will add your name to a running list. Once all 26 chances are sold then the highest post total (based on today’s date as shown in the pictures below) will get the opportunity to select the number(s) they want.

Assuming this goes as I hope, the entry that matches the Powerball number as drawn on Wednesday July, 5th will be the winner. The winner will be responsible for the actual shipping cost of the guitar. I will however apply $25.00 from your entry to offset some of your shipping costs.

Finally, just so everyone understands, the proceeds from this raffle will cover the parts purchased, and most importantly will offset the cost to keep the lights on for the next year. If it this fails miserably it may never happen again but I want to be clear- this place is NOT SHUTTING DOWN! Nor is this a plea for money. While I appreciate the sentiment, there will be no need to hit me in PM asking if I need financial help or do I want to turn this over to another admin.

Tony

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:50 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Am I tired or I didn't found the paypal address in tha post? scratch_head

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:32 pm 
KF ADMIN

kramermenace AT gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:34 pm 
Kramer Maniac

I'm in. And thanks for a great 1st year at the new forum Tony!!! :toast

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:47 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Paypal sent. Glad to help keep the lights on. Thanks, Menace!

Classic II red Tele
Ferrington red Tele
81 Pioneer Bass
various Foci
various pieces parts...
Bastards:
Ed Sheeran Sig Martin LX1E, 1st ed.
Billie Joe Armstrong Gibson LP Jr, 1st year

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:34 am 
Kramer Maniac

I need another guitar like a hole in the head (blasphemy right???) but I love me some focus mutts. Think I will drag my feet til the first of the month and allow others to enter. However, this is very cool indeed and watch out if your too slow getting your entry in. :ninja

Hats off to you Tony for picking up the torch and keeping the flame burning. You and Jarrod jumped in with both feet when those like myself were just reeling from the threat of our little corner being swept away. :toast Facebook is clearly not for everyone and that's a fact, Jack!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:27 am 
Kramer Maniac

I too have enough guitars at present so will hang fire on entry & give others the opportunity to participate :thumbs

That being said if we are struggling to sell out the places then I will jump in & buy a ticket :pimp

I think we've had a great first year & this place feels exactly the same now as the old place did so I guess we & Tony have achieved the goal, big thanks to Tony & everyone for keeping the torch blazing :headbang

'86 Retta, White
'86 Retta, Black
'86 Retta, Lynchretta
'87 Retta, Shattered Glass
'86 Retta II, FFBlue
'86 Retta II, FFWhite
'86 Stagey Standard, FFPink
'88 Sustainer, FFBlue
'87 JK1000, Red

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:13 am 
Kramer Kommander

First of all I have to put my foot in my mouth: At the start I really doubted that this would work because I thought that the KF´s lifecycle had been long overdue. I was wrong and am glad about that :thumbs .

Thank you very much for all the work you put into this thingy so far, Tony :headbang .

:yourock

Here´s to the next year :toast .

PP sent.

Great Deals with MrWhipper, JoeyM, Del Hudson, skydive69 and Kramer Classic I :thumbs

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:57 am 
KF ADMIN

The List

Hunter008 (x3)
FullCrib
Doc (x2)
Anonymous
Pacer Pete
RBT
Frunobulax
Kramerman65
Axeman
leftykramerguy
Moku
Sixstring
RickYork (x2)
Kremark
Del Hudson (x2)
Wizball
mkayers
aceman_831
Craig Johnson (x3)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:35 am 
Kramer Maniac

This is a win,win,win....even if my number does'nt come up!!
Thank You for allowing me and others to participate in this great cause, and happy to help! :yourock