Buddy Blaze has died...

Honoring forum members who have passed.
kaylakent
Kramer Maniac

Re: Buddy Blaze has died...

Post by kaylakent » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:36 pm

RIP buddy. What a legend.

(dime in front of a kramer booth is something else)

Sluggy
Kramer Maniac

Post by Sluggy » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:24 pm

He seemed like one hell of a dude🤘

Kramerman65
Kramer Maniac

Post by Kramerman65 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:58 pm

Sad news for sure and still no other info regarding cause. Not that it matters. Never met him but from everyone I know who has met him never had a bad thing to say about him.
As Joe said you never know how many days you have, none are guaranteed.
Too many of us never appreciate what we have or how fortunate we are.
Live, love, laugh, eat the cake, buy the guitars....

SWANTECH
Kramer Kingpin

Post by SWANTECH » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:22 pm

Funny. I am right now eating cake at Last in Line meet and greet. All guy's are cool as hell. Vivian signed 2 Nightswan necks for me. We talked about Buddy. We talked about all his Swans. Also how him and Buddy hold the rights to it. BUT. Gibson never asked them permission to do the reissues. LOL.
Will send pics tomorrow.
:headbang
Joe in Detroit
85 Striker 100ST Blk (1st E. Guitar)
88 Nightswan Sparkle Blue
88 Nigthswan Bolt/Ugly Duckling rescue project
19 Nightswan Polka Dot reissue
86 Classic III Tele Cream
90 Classic II Tele Cream
90 ProAxe Std CR
87 Ripley Blk
89 Sustainer Blk
86 Focus 1000 Blk (FS)
90's Spector SSD Blackhawk
89 Glide C2 Blk
8? Focus Classic Snbst
87 Monsters of Rock Baretta 2
87 Pacer Cst 1 Relic
91 Baretta 3 Black Cherry
88 EE Pro 1 White/Rainbow
89 Grace C1 Flip Flop Something
01 Music Yo Imperial/Explorer blue project
89 Baretta 2 Flip Flop Red

menace
KF ADMIN

Post by menace » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:17 am

SWANTECH wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:22 pm We talked about all his Swans. Also how him and Buddy hold the rights to it. BUT. Gibson never asked them permission to do the reissues.
If Karma is real- it would be nice to see GIBSON named in a copyright suit. :dollar :pimp :dollar
Where are we going.....and why am I in this hand-basket?

SWANTECH
Kramer Kingpin

Post by SWANTECH » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:32 pm

menace wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:17 am
SWANTECH wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:22 pm We talked about all his Swans. Also how him and Buddy hold the rights to it. BUT. Gibson never asked them permission to do the reissues.
If Karma is real- it would be nice to see GIBSON named in a copyright suit. :dollar :pimp :dollar
I suggested he might want to pursue something. He just said it was all part of the business and that he is making sure he is compensated in other ways through charity. I get that Vivian doesn't want to rock the boat with his Gibson endorsement. Sometimes a person is better off to come up with a different remedy.

Only time will tell if the Blaze/Webber family feels the same. We will know soon enough. Blaze lost his lawsuit with Dean because he never pursued his Dime From Hell design early enough. The court ruled he had 6 years from infringement to pursue it legally. A lot of lawsuits over guitar designs are getting similar rulings. Plus that was kind of a grey area. Once Blaze gave Dime that guitar, who is the owner of the design at that point. I don't blame him for trying.

As for Gibson, everyone here knows. The reissue Nightswan's were released in 2019. So technically they have about 6 years to pursue a case in some statutes.
I absolutely think Gibson should be sued because that was blatant in my opinion. There is no way they didn't know what they were doing, and who held the rights to that design, as litigious as they are. Also. It is not even a question of semantics. They made a reissue copy, and named it the same thing. We also know that Blaze never stopped making the Shredder designed guitar.
What is good for the Goose is good for the Gander. (See that pun).

I would guess something has been in the works for some time already. Doesn't make sense to pursue Dean, and not go after Gibson.

On the day I heard the passing of Buddy. I jumped on ebay and bought from Blaze Guitars, 2 Shredder guitar wall hangers. They are hopefully on the way. All listed sales items from Buddy Blaze guitars were taken down the next day. I hope that they return and his family continues the business in some form, but I fear this is the end of Buddy Blaze Guitars. No statement has been released from the family on their website.

He really was an inspiration for me these last past few years. As a Guitar Tech/Luthier.

Here are pic's.
I took 2 necks with me for Vivian to sign.

Joe in Detroit
90 Classic II Tele Cream
90 ProAxe Std CR
87 Ripley Blk
89 Sustainer Blk
86 Focus 1000 Blk (FS)
89 Glide C2 Blk
8? Focus Classic Snbst
87 Pacer Cst 1 Relic

SWANTECH
Kramer Kingpin

Post by SWANTECH » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:00 pm

Thought this is strange.
Ever since Buddy passed. There has been no listings of Blaze guitars for sale in the usual places. I was kind of expecting the prices to go up, and a lot of people trying to cash in and cash out.
I had been lusting after a Shredder VCII model for quite some time but never found the right time to pull the trigger on one.
I probably won't ever find one for a reasonable price now.
I am happy I have the Nightswan's I do have, and my limited Dean Blaze ML.
Just an FYI. The Dean Blaze ML is an amazing guitar. The mod's that Buddy did on this design made the ML much better IMO.
Joe in Detroit
90 Classic II Tele Cream
90 ProAxe Std CR
87 Ripley Blk
89 Sustainer Blk
86 Focus 1000 Blk (FS)
89 Glide C2 Blk
8? Focus Classic Snbst
87 Pacer Cst 1 Relic

fourtoos
Kramer Maniac

Post by fourtoos » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:41 am

SWANTECH wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:00 pm Thought this is strange.
Ever since Buddy passed. There has been no listings of Blaze guitars for sale in the usual places. I was kind of expecting the prices to go up, and a lot of people trying to cash in and cash out.
I think they are such good guitars and fun to play no one wants to sell. My Blaze is one of the guitars I grab and play daily along with my lightning swan. I bought a new Aztez swan but can't really call it a swan, just not the same mojo.