Welcome to the Kramer Forum

Kramer Forum - dedicated to Kramer guitars and basses, instruments for rock musicians.
It is currently Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:55 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:18 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Long story short. This guy bought a guitar from me on Reverb and then asked me to change his address later in the day after the guitar had been shipped. We weren't able to change it until a delivery attempt was made. He then had me hold the package at his local UPS. Tried to change the shipment again to a 3rd different address in his state and later in the day tells me he left the US (not coming back for a while). UPS holds the guitar for 5 days and today was the 6th day (don't know if Sunday counts?). What happens when I get the package returned back to me? Anyone knows how Reverb handles this?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:25 am 
Kramer Maniac

First of all, once a package is shipped an address change is HIS responsibility. It’s called a reconsignment.
He can simply go on UPS’s website and request an address change for a small fee.
I realize that it may be too late for that now, but he should have been the one chasing his shipment, not you.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:38 am 
Kramer Maniac

gtrjunior wrote:
First of all, once a package is shipped an address change is HIS responsibility. It’s called a reconsignment.
He can simply go on UPS’s website and request an address change for a small fee.
I realize that it may be too late for that now, but he should have been the one chasing his shipment, not you.

Well the guy has requested 3 address changes. Held at a ups location for 7 not the 5 days they usually do. He left the country has become unresponsive and I'm dealing with Reverbs resolution team as the package is nowhere to be found. His last message was send it again, Ill be back after December. Reverb actually contacted me after the 2nd address change and asked me about whats going on. They weren't wrong with what they were suspecting.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:44 am 
Kramer Kingpin

What did reverb suspect? Shenanigans?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:15 am 
Kramer Maniac

The guy either shouldn’t have bought it if he was going out of the country, or should have made better arrangements or communicated his needs better.
What is Reverb saying at this point?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:17 am 
Kramer Maniac

sixstring wrote:
What did reverb suspect? Shenanigans?

Well the first address he gave me he said was his work. It wasn't, it was a home address. I guess the 2nd address flagged for something else when he kept telling me to switch it. Right after I switched it he said he left the country. The guy seemed suspicious since the beginning. I didn't know Reverb kept close attention like that.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:19 am 
Kramer Maniac

gtrjunior wrote:
The guy either shouldn’t have bought it if he was going out of the country, or should have made better arrangements or communicated his needs better.

Going through the resolutions center. UPS claims they have shipped back to Reverb. Reverb tells me they don't have it. I'll update you guys on this. Might help someone in the future.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:19 pm 
Kramer Maniac

stivisaj wrote:
gtrjunior wrote:

Going through the resolutions center. UPS claims they have shipped back to Reverb. Reverb tells me they don't have it. I'll update you guys on this. Might help someone in the future.

So Reverb found and held onto the guitar/package for a while. They took over all the shipping costs and sent the guitar back to a whole different address and it was picked up this time by the buyers friend. Dealing with resolutions was a pain. Glad that was the end of that.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:51 pm 
Kramer Maniac

stivisaj wrote:
stivisaj wrote:
gtrjunior wrote:

So Reverb found and held onto the guitar/package for a while. They took over all the shipping costs and sent the guitar back to a whole different address and it was picked up this time by the buyers friend. Dealing with resolutions was a pain. Glad that was the end of that.

Oh good! I’m glad it worked out.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:24 pm 
Kramer Kingpin

That was painful as a bystander.
Good to hear it got resolved.