Welcome to the Kramer Forum

Kramer Forum - dedicated to Kramer guitars and basses, instruments for rock musicians.
It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:18 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:30 pm 
Kramer Maniac

I’ve been going back and forth about this one, finally decided to put it up for grabs. I poached the neck, neck plate and Floyd for another project, but the rest of it remains intact.

$200 plus shipping from 94608 - includes body, both pups and all electronics in working condition, cavity covers and a spare clean Floyd post. Slap on your own neck and Floyd and it should be ready to rock.

The guitar sounded great before I dismantled it, especially with both pups on it sounded really beefy with sweet tone. The pups both appear to be vintage Golden 50s. Neck pup is 2-lead like most Golden 50s. Bridge pup is 4-lead, but the wiring looks weird like maybe only half of it is being used, but I’m not sure, especially since it is not noisy as might be expected if it were coil split. I believe the 4-lead Golden 50s were only done this way for a couple years (?), nice because could give you more wiring and tonal options, for example if you wanted to add a push/pull pot.

The red body is a very early "C" series (C02xx), and I'm assuming maple because its heavy, it looks that way under the red finish, and it sounds that way to me. I got it from a guy in Detroit, and my guess is the guitar underwent some temperature changes that led to the cracking of the poly clear as shown - it's interesting that the cracking always runs perpendicular to the grain of the wood except where a crack occasionally does an s-bend and then heads back the other direction. These are solid and not going anywhere, and otherwise the body is in good condition except for a couple other smaller dings and a larger ding at the tip of the lower horn. The ding on the lower horn I think would be repairable without too much trouble, and it really only shows when the guitar is on a stand. The finish cracks on the Imp are more visible in bright light, but less visible in other lighting. The finish is very shimmery "jewel-like" even with the cracks in the poly. Cracks or not, the guitar sounds incredible! I’m just realizing I forgot to wipe it down before taking these pics, so some of what you see is fingerprints and smudges. The Floyd posts look very solid. There is some routing inside the trem cavity that appears to be factory.

One of the knobs has a weird bubble inside the plastic, looks like it's always been that way. See photo. I can send it as is to maintain the original character of the guitar, or if you prefer I'll swap out for another of the same type that is clean and normal-looking. One of the Floyd rose posts is corroded, so I'll send a cleaner spare along with it.

If nobody on here wants it, then I’ll post to the fb classifies pages, probably offer it there for $225. It’s no museum piece, but it would make a sweet vintage screamer on a budget.
Lemme know what questions or if you want it!
ImageImage

Classic II red Tele
Ferrington red Tele
81 Pioneer Bass
various Foci
various pieces parts...
Bastards:
Ed Sheeran Sig Martin LX1E, 1st ed.
Billie Joe Armstrong Gibson LP Jr, 1st year

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:39 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Here's the source in case anybody remembers this discussion:
http://www.kramerforumz.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1737&hilit=Jessica+rabbit#p16529

Classic II red Tele
Ferrington red Tele
81 Pioneer Bass
various Foci
various pieces parts...
Bastards:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:11 am 
Kramer Maniac

aaaaand....
SOLD

Classic II red Tele
Ferrington red Tele
81 Pioneer Bass
various Foci
various pieces parts...
Bastards:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:17 am 
KF ADMIN

Nice.....

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:19 am 
Kramer Kingpin

I´m a sucker for Trans Red :headbang .

Great Deals with MrWhipper, JoeyM, Del Hudson, skydive69 and Kramer Classic I :thumbs

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:04 am 
Kramer Kingpin

Yep, drool