Welcome to the Kramer Forum

Kramer Forum - dedicated to Kramer guitars and basses, instruments for rock musicians.
It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:50 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:08 pm 
Kramer Kommander

Like the title says. 1st i'd like it to be in good condition.
2nd I'd like it to be a 2000. (doesn't have to be. but it would be nice.) 3rd it would be nice if it was Black in color.
Let me know what Focus Nanna R2 neck ya got.
Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:05 pm 
Kramer Maniac

I think I have one or two, not sure about the condition, but I know they are black. I need to take my son out to run some errands for several hours, so tonight after he goes to sleep, I will check what I have and post pics.

in terms of trade, what I need most is a couple single coil pups for a PCI build I want to complete. If you've got some good ones, we can work something out. If not, then I'll sell for a fair price.

Classic II red Tele
Ferrington red Tele
81 Pioneer Bass
various Foci
various pieces parts...
Bastards:
Ed Sheeran Sig Martin LX1E, 1st ed.
Billie Joe Armstrong Gibson LP Jr, 1st year

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:48 pm 
Kramer Kommander

Cool. Thanks let me know.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:05 pm 
Kramer Maniac

If you have more than one, I'm in the market as well. I have a beat up 2000 body that might be my next project. As long as the frets aren't roached, I'd be in.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:25 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Right on. I've gotten myself way over-extended due to several recent purchases, and so therefore I already had decided to offload some stuff from my project queue. I'll work tonight to sort out necks and will post up what I have.

Classic II red Tele
Ferrington red Tele
81 Pioneer Bass
various Foci
various pieces parts...
Bastards:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:33 am 
Kramer Maniac

Guys, sorry for the delay... life stuff happening.

I thought I had more 2000 necks, but unfortunately only one (the middle one in the pics). It is the desired (85?) banana headstock, but there is moderate fret wear so I don't know if that will be a deal breaker. There is enough meat left for at least one more fret level and crowning, probably two. It looks like it might have been leveled once before and maybe ready for another, or you might be OK with it like it is. There are two small gouges in the headstock finish, but they should drop fill pretty easily with black and then super glue. Apart from that, it is pretty clean cosmetically.

The first one in the pic is by far the nicest of the three, but it's a 3000 with the rounded-off-pointy HS. The frets are great and appear nearly new. The wood has some really nice figure, with lots of birdseye on the treble side and a bit more up the middle then transitions into a bit of flame on the low E side and a bit more flame on the back of the headstock. It's probably the nicest figure I've ever seen on a Focus neck, and also I don't recall seeing birdseye blend into flame maple like that. The only problem is there is a headstock repair at the high E tuner typical spot. It is a clean break, and the repair is excellent. From the back, the repair runs along with the wood grain, and with a bit of rubbing compound, I think it would pretty much vanish. Of course it is visible from the top through the paint and Kramer logo, but if a person wanted to refinish, I think you would be hard pressed to know it ever was repaired. This neck came along with a body I was after, and honestly I never looked at the neck closely until now, and it is way nicer than I had realized, but I just don't need it.

Lastly, I have a red 1000 neck that looks rough but plays surprisingly well. I don't know what happened on the back - looks like some of the lacquer wore off or was removed in a random way and then oiled? It looks terrible but actually plays nicely. I was thinking about removing the rest of the lacquer and doing an oil finish on the whole thing. There is a little chunk out of the tip of the headstock that somebody painted in with red marker or something - I'm thinking it would clean up fairly well with some skill and time put in but not to the point of being invisible. There is moderate fret wear on this one also, actually pretty similar to the 2000. The fret wear appears a little worse on the black 2000, but also there is slightly more meat remaining on the 2000. The red 1000 looks like it might have been leveled twice already, but there is enough metal remaining for another round.

Check the pics and let me know what questions you might have. I can post more pics tomorrow. Like I mentioned, I would love to trade or partial trade for some good single coil pups, but also I could just sell them. Getting late, so I'll post pics, and we can follow-up tomorrow if there is any interest.

Sorry these pics are not the sharpest, but it'd late and my light is poor. I'll post more tomorrow to show the frets in good light with sharp focus. Let me know if there are other things you want to see.

ImageImage

Classic II red Tele
Ferrington red Tele
81 Pioneer Bass
various Foci
various pieces parts...
Bastards:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:49 am 
Kramer Kommander

Pmd ya

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:53 am 
Kramer Maniac

I don't want to step on his deal, so let me know what you have left after you guys strike a deal. Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:11 pm 
Kramer Maniac

2112 wrote:
I don't want to step on his deal, so let me know what you have left after you guys strike a deal. Thanks

hey 2112 ive got a really nice 87-88 f series neck comes with tuners,might be into tradin??

all u need is a new logo,its the same as the american necks,minus the american logo,atleast it looks exactly like my american necks and feels just like them,but im not an ecxpert so dont qoute me,im sure somone will set me straight soon enough.

i was using it as a lefty reverse but i decided i dont like it reversed,its straight in great condition,slight fret indents but more tthen enough fret left for fret job,also have a fedw truss rod covers.

86 Kramer Pacer Custom
1992 ibanez 170L
(all leftys)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:02 pm 
Kramer Maniac

sorry didnt see nanner neck,no big deal il just put it back in storage

86 Kramer Pacer Custom
1992 ibanez 170L
(all leftys)