Welcome to the Kramer Forum

Kramer Forum - dedicated to Kramer guitars and basses, instruments for rock musicians.
It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:48 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:35 pm 

Hello,
I'm new here.
I have an original certified Pacer Custom II Holoflash with gold hardware, certified by George Felise. It was an unfinished neck and body bought NOS about 10 years ago.
I have also a modified by myself '83 Pacer Special into a 5150 with the ESP banana head and a Model '78 EVH Seymour Duncan on it.

I'm looking for a Nightswan I (HH) in the following cookouts : original Holoflash, Lightning, burgundy...

No Aztec, no replicas, no black...

Price depending of the condition and if the guitar is in its original configuration and if the OHSC is included.

Thank you for your help !

Holly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:26 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Just curious, what do you have to do to get George to certify a guitar for you?

Classic II red Tele
Ferrington red Tele
81 Pioneer Bass
various Foci
various pieces parts...
Bastards:
Ed Sheeran Sig Martin LX1E, 1st ed.
Billie Joe Armstrong Gibson LP Jr, 1st year

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:47 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Holly, I think I know you from other groups on FB. Ignoring the last comment, Swans in general are very difficult to come by and you usually have to be incredibly fast and catch 1 for sale within minutes or know people already, and do private deals. There's a few serious high rollers in the Kramer circle that throw crazy cash at totally beat to hell Swans, just to get them before others can, That's a sad fact when looking for a Swan, and limiting your finish options won't open any doors to getting one easy. You have to pounce and expect to pay top dollar for anything that comes along unfortunately. i am fortunate to have made good friends with George and a few other former Kramer/ Sports employees. I've played Kramer's since 1984. That said, I have 5 Swans and none were bought on a classified, FB, or or ebay type setting. All were from people that I have become friends with over the years in the Kramer circles & usually have previous dealings with. You have to pound the pavement, scour the pages, seller sites, and be very quick, Even local Craigslist Swans seem to get ripped from under your feet when you have a deal in the works, I know first hand. There's a few that make it job 1 to get every possible Swan regardless of condition or location. Good luck in your hunt for one.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:02 am 
Kramer Maniac

Great informative summary!

To be clear (and to avoid inadvertently pissing anybody off), I did not at all mean that as a knock on George F. I respect him as seemingly among the top living authorities on the history of 80s-era Kramer construction and Kramers in general. Plus, I usually find his fb posts to be hilariously entertaining, along with Vince M and some of the other fellas over there. For either of those guys, I would completely trust that if they say something is legit, then it is legit. I was just curious I guess about the wording of the post, as I had never heard it described that way if George were to provide his agreement or verification of something. I maybe just took it too literally, been one of those days. :bong
Certainly no disrespect intended toward anyone, and my genuine apologies if it came off that way.

Classic II red Tele
Ferrington red Tele
81 Pioneer Bass
various Foci
various pieces parts...
Bastards:
Ed Sheeran Sig Martin LX1E, 1st ed.
Billie Joe Armstrong Gibson LP Jr, 1st year