Welcome to the Kramer Forum

Kramer Forum - dedicated to Kramer guitars and basses, instruments for rock musicians.
It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:07 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:36 pm 
Kramer Maniac

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kramer-USA-Bar ... 0009.m1982

2017 charvel san dimas style 2 lefty tele
2018 schecter super shredder (sea foam green)
2013 schecter banshee FR-A
1992 ibanez 170L
(all leftys)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:24 am 
Kramer Maniac

Obviously not a grail but still a badass guitar. Priced way too high though.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:52 am 
Kramer Kingpin

Nice, but with that price-tag he´ll have to be a very patient man scratch_head .

Great Deals with MrWhipper, JoeyM, Del Hudson, skydive69 and Kramer Classic I :thumbs

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:05 pm 
Kramer Maniac

... am starting to wonder if that price is NOT too unreasonable, or may become not too unreasonable in the very near future.

FYI I have been away from Kramer for a couple of years, and have come back recently ... only to find pricing on all manner of Kramer has sky-rocketed. People have gone insane.

More importantly ... I see several dudes FIGHTING IT, and I see others actually paying up ... like it or not, the times are a changin' for Kramer.

I suppose for guys waiting to unload gear this could be really good, and bad for those looking to buy.

The dudes on the KF traditionally have been able to influence the pricing, to keep it lower ... but that shit's OVER now. We *are* going to be paying dearly now.

This is just the start -->> Look at the auction for the $820USD banana neck ... or the $2700USD Liberty ... and I haven't tried hard looking for other Baretta or other models' pricing ...wonder what we'll find.

I say that particular axe will sell for ALMOST what they're asking, or maybe a bit less ... will definitely be more than $1500USD ... let's see ...

1) these are "vintage" axes now and are being treated as such
2) they ARE awesome and highly highly sought after instruments. Clearly they are. We are talking **KRAMER** here. Everyone else wanted to be Kramer.
3) we have been saying & demonstrating how awesome Kramers have been for years, even when there were many many more haters than lovers ... and now the rest of the world believes us

I will take a nice '84-'85 banana head Kramer Baretta (Sports body, thin finish, heavy as frack) over any other similar axe ANY DAY of the week.

The biggest downside to all this are the fakes that we will see. So buyer beware!

good dealings with xbolt, Mr80's, Coloradoman25, kb7010, PacerPete, dan, skydive69, Vej, popvamp, Ianreed99, mnorton999, pablo_neruda, Amerturk, DarthPhineas,

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:25 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Holy CRAP ... and how about that incredibly bastardized GRAIL that just went for $2900USD ?!?

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1875&start=20

good dealings with xbolt, Mr80's, Coloradoman25, kb7010, PacerPete, dan, skydive69, Vej, popvamp, Ianreed99, mnorton999, pablo_neruda, Amerturk, DarthPhineas,

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:51 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Wow that is a pretty penny for that thing....I got a 1985'ish Pacer but I doubt it is worth that (my neck was cracked by the airlines many years ago)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:38 pm 
Kramer Kommander

Wow. I just bought a minty vintage PRS Standard (US made, all mahogany etc.) for a grand straight. Much more guitar than this for 2.5 times less money.

So yep, these guys are insane. As are the buyers who pay that much.

@ iamgroot: I'd never ever pay that much for ANY used Kramer, not even Liberty or Ripley. Even those would be worth 1.5-2k max in mint condition and only because they are so rare and special, not because they're especially good.

But then some people just have too much money, so if they want to pay 5k, whatever. Still I think they're nuts.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:15 pm 
Kramer Maniac

I agree with XXX.

Kramer’s are great guitars. But I don’t think there is any Kramer worth more than $1500. I will certainly not pay $2k for a guitar that’s been gigged and beaten up by someone else for 30 years. If people want to that’s fine, but really at these prices, if I thought the guitar was that special, I would have something custom made that has the features I like of that particular guitar, along with other features / design that I want.

Also, if you want these guitars, there are deals, just search hard. I wanted a Kramer Proaxe, I found 2 in the last year and paid $700 and $750 for them which I think is fair. I’ve bought other Kramer’s for $500 or less. I recently bought a brand new Gibson Les Paul Traditional that is the best LP I have ever played for $1000. Be patient, set up alerts and you will not have to pay these insane prices.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:39 pm 
Kramer Maniac

At the end of the day the marketplace sets the price, it's a supply & demand thing, it's true peeps have caught on to how good these vintage Kramers are & perceive that now is the time to get one before the prices rise too much which in itself is pushing the prices up! What would happen if we all decided to sell 1 or 2 at the same time & there were say 50 Barettas in the marketplace, the choice would be such that it would become a buyers market which would in turn send the prices downwards some! There's never a deluge of Kramers for sale at any one time so the prices will stay healthy for the time being I guess shrug

'86 Retta, White
'86 Retta, Black
'87 Retta, Shattered Glass
'87 Retta, The Fly
'86 Focus 2000, Hot Pink
'87 JK1000, Red
'10 Pacer Classic, white

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:27 am 
Kramer Kingpin

wizball wrote:
... it's a supply & demand thing, ...

This. Not more, not less. There was a time "when everybody wanted TO BE Kramer" that´s correct. But that period of time was very brief.

Disclaimer: The following is simplifying the matter a bit!
Let´s not kid ourselves here. The pre-ESP- and ESP- era Kramers are good if not in some or more cases great instruments - for mass produced guitars, that is. All the "mojo" that some say Kramer guitars have? Take the OFR away from them and rethink that mojo shrug . That was a good business decision. Without the OFR, not so much. And obviously, this makes for some sentimental value.

I know that there´s a lot more to this. And I really like my Kramers, don´t get me wrong. But when it comes to mass produced guitars ... Music Man comes to mind for example as do a couple other manufacturers.

Great Deals with MrWhipper, JoeyM, Del Hudson, skydive69 and Kramer Classic I :thumbs