Welcome to the Kramer Forum

Kramer Forum - dedicated to Kramer guitars and basses, instruments for rock musicians.
It is currently Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:53 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:08 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Simplicity is the key, especially when you're gigging like me :thumbs

So gigging rig is straight into a 5150iii 50 watt head into a Blackstar 2x12 with V30's, Reverb & delay inthe loop along with an eq pedal for solo boost, it nails the 80's sound!

Home practice rig is straight into a Blackstar HT20 head into a Marshall 112 with a Celestion Anniversary 100 neodynium speaker, onboard reverb, again nails the right sound!

As I said simplicity rules :headbang

'86 Retta, Black
'86 Retta, Bubbles
'87 Retta, Shattered Glass
'87 Retta, The Fly
'86 Focus 2000, Hot Pink
'87 JK1000, Red
'14 Pacer Classic, white, modded

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:34 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Peavey valve king 212

Peavey vyper 212 (100 watts)

And

a 60 watt head wired by Chrome Dome in Cincinnati (kind of a Fender Bassman feel) running that through a B-52 412 cab with all Sheffield 5150 12s.

Not a lot of pedals, but looking for good delay to run through the loop of both valve amps above.

Nothing high end, but plenty good for me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:58 am 
Kramer Kingpin

Since I´m not gigging out any more I´ve sold all the stuff. What´s left is this:

Blackstar ID15:TVP
Digitech RP 360XP
Steinberg UR22

I´d like to swap the ID15 for the ID30 because of the fuller sounding 12'' speaker (but every time I´m playing my 10'' version the sound is already very full :roll ).
Maybe a 1st generation Backstar HT5 (sans reverb which is digital anyways) to have at least one real tube (don´t get me started, I know it´s not a real "real" tube amp) amp solution for the Digitech (which imo doesn´t work very well with the ID15) because it sports an effects send and return.

That´s all right now and I doubt that I´ll find the time or the drive to experiment like in the old days shrug .

Great Deals with MrWhipper, JoeyM, Del Hudson, skydive69 and Kramer Classic I :thumbs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:20 am 
Kramer Maniac

Del Hudson wrote:
BTW, I have a BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer if you are interested. I bought it used when I thought the rack thing was the way to go. I still haven't even plugged it in yet. Send me a PM if you wanna talk.

Thanks, but that would be a US 110v version, right? It shouldn't be too hard to get one where there would be no need for a wall wart. But thanks! shrug

Great trades with: bacon

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:24 am 
Kramer Maniac

Mostly use my computer with a PreSonus Audiobox. Also have a few pedals and a Vox AC30. I want to trade that Vox for something more metal-worthy.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:41 pm 
Kramer Maniac

I like pedals, and playing 4 hours of wide ranging classic & alternative covers allows me to make good use of them!

My current setup, in signal order:

Guitar
Line 6 G30 Wireless
EXH C9 Organ Pedal
EVH Phase 90
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop RotoVibe
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Digitech RP7 Preamp (mainly for tube overdrive, reverb, & volume pedal)
Dan-O EQ
Boss DD-3 Delay
BBE Sonic Stomp
Crate GT-200 Tube Preamp/Solid State Power 2x12 combo (w/onboard analog chorus on at all times, depth and rate at 3)

Sometimes, like in the pic below of my setup from a couple years ago, on bigger stages, I'll also run a second line out of the RP7 that goes to:

Digitech Lux Harmonizer
Fender Ultimate Chorus (wonderful Fender chorus set same as on the Crate)

Not currently used: Boss Flanger, Boss Dynamic (Auto)Wah

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:04 pm 
Kramer Maniac

^ That Explorer with gold hardware is badass!! I'd love to find a good deal on one of those some day, that or the Brent Hinds signature V has my eye at the moment. Lemme know if you ever are thinking of getting rid of that or getting bored with it and maybe wanna talk trade...

My very first guitar in 10th grade was a black Explorer, either a Lotus or Hondo (not sure) with a maple neck and fretboard. Man, I'd love to still have that today!

Anyway, nice rigs, all of ya'll!!

Classic II red Tele
Ferrington red Tele
81 Pioneer Bass
various Foci
various pieces parts...
Bastards:
Ed Sheeran Sig Martin LX1E, 1st ed.
Billie Joe Armstrong Gibson LP Jr, 1st year

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:36 pm 
Kramer Kingpin

wizball wrote:
Simplicity is the key, especially when you're gigging like me :thumbs

This!

Guitar->Dunlop CryBaby(straight pass mod)->Digitech 255(multiple custom patches)->Marshall SS head(clean channel)->cabinet( 1x12" or 4x12" or two 4x12") depending on size of room.
Gets the job done. :headbang

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:55 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Doc wrote:
^ That Explorer with gold hardware is badass!! I'd love to find a good deal on one of those some day, that or the Brent Hinds signature V has my eye at the moment. Lemme know if you ever are thinking of getting rid of that or getting bored with it and maybe wanna talk trade...

My very first guitar in 10th grade was a black Explorer, either a Lotus or Hondo (not sure) with a maple neck and fretboard. Man, I'd love to still have that today!

Anyway, nice rigs, all of ya'll!!

Explorers are one of the coolest guitar designs...I wanted one for about 25 years before I scored mine. Not likely I'll part with it, but full disclosure:

#1 It's an Epiphone, not a Gibson. That said, it is still a kickass guitar that sounds great (in part due to the Gibson 500T bridge pup, though the stock Epi neck pup sounds excellent as well) and stays in tune like a champ.

#2 I love it and play it at every show I do, and I'm a lot better at buying guitars than selling them, so chances are it won't be on the market at any time...ever. :D I lucked out on it, finding it on (in this case not so)evilBay in barely used condition, with case, straplocks, and the 500T already in there, and for just over half of what the guitar alone sold for new, about 1/3 what everything together would have run separately! :headbang

The good news is that if you're still interested, you know which model to look for:

They are out there to be had, and well worth it!

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:06 am 
Kramer Maniac

I play through a Peavey 6505 and a Blackstar ID30, both with extension cabs that I built. I run them both at the same time through a Lehle splitter,

I use these pedals, but have since removed the EVH pedal and added a ten band equalizer.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next