Welcome to the Kramer Forum

Kramer Forum - dedicated to Kramer guitars and basses, instruments for rock musicians.
It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:20 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: NPD
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:41 pm 
Kramer Maniac

New Pickups Dayz!

So I've been shopping around for pickups the past couple of months. These are what I've ended up with. They are - vintage Mighty Mite 1300 humbucker(DiMarzio Super Distortion clone), vintage DiMarzio K10 neck and bridge(now called Super 2), Area 58 single coils x 2 + Area 61 single coil, and vintage DiMarzio Dual Sound. Some will go on guitars, some will just lay around.

Other pickups that I've bought and found no use of yet include a whole bunch of Seymour Duncans - Slash set, Jazz neck, 59 neck, JB, vintage JBJ, Custom Custom, Distortion.

Pickups on my Kramers include - Schaller Golden 50s, Schaller 2 in 1, Duncan Full Shred, Duncan 59 bridge(all vintage).

So what pickups are on your guitars and what do you have in your pickups bin? :toast :headbang

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:39 pm 
Kramer Kommander

Nice set you got there :toast

One info, Super2 is usable just for the neck position, not bridge - too much highs for that. Usually you should use Super Distortion(= Dual Sound) or Super3 with it for a good match.

I also went shopping and got me a Gibson Burstbucker 1 neck, vintage Duncan Alnico II Pro and a Pearly Gates bridge with nickel cover.

Otherwise I'm using Pearly Gates (or the "plus" Fender version) in both positions on most of my guitars. Besides that I have two Schaller 2in1 and recently bought a Duncan Jason Becker model, which is quite similar to JB but more transparent and less scooped. I also have Full Shred and 59 in my Pacer and one DiMarzio Norton in the parts box. I always exchange them and experiment depending on the given guitar, in most cases I end up using the PG though.

Single coils are all Fender (SCN noiseless or mex standard currently, otherwise I like Texas Specials too) and I have some Schallers from an old Deluxe which I haven't tested as of yet.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:35 pm 
Kramer Kommander

Oh and - do try the Custom Custom in a Kramer, they really kick ass when they fit the guitar. They're like JB without the scoop in the mids.

Funny detail, recently I saw a discussion on their website where they discussed a modded Custom Custom with a different magnet used and then named it "Custom Custom Custom" dielaughing

The Slash set will be fantastic on anything Les Paul-like, or on pretty much any guitar in the neck position. Worth trying.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:46 am 
Kramer Kingpin

Currently:
JBJ/59J
JB/59
CCTB/G50 (new)
CC/2 APS1s
91T/90R
JBJ
G50/G50 (1985)
EVH/EVH
JBJ/2 STK4s

Great Deals with MrWhipper, JoeyM, Del Hudson, skydive69 and Kramer Classic I :thumbs