Welcome to the Kramer Forum

Kramer Forum - dedicated to Kramer guitars and basses, instruments for rock musicians.
It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:59 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Digitech Drop
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:31 pm 
Kramer Maniac

I picked up a Digitech Drop after watching a ton of reviews and every one of them raving about it. I use to always have one guitar tuned down a half step, so I could play along with some Eb songs, like Van Halen, House of Lords, etc. But now that I've picked up the Digitech Drop, everything is back to standard tuning.

The reviews were right on the money. This pedal is excellent.

This review is very in depth and is the one that gave me enough G.A.S. to get the pedal the next day.

I'll post some clips in a few days. I'm having an absolute ball with this pedal. It's really that good.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:25 am 
Kramer Kommander

Cool action in the background with wife and dog, LOL...

I'm not into dropped tunings, but it seems to work rather fine. How much latency is there between playing and hearing the dropped note when engaged?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:13 am 
Kramer Maniac

I can honestly say that I am completely stunned to find there is no latency at all (at least not noticeable at all).

I can check it out by recording 2 tracks simultaneously, and zooming in to see if there is any latency at all. I'm sure there is, but I don't hear it at all.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:32 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Klller. Guess I have seen the concept applied in other than the stomp box form, but had not considered it till now. :brow

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:43 am 
Kramer Maniac

I have one on the way. I love the idea of just ONE guitar being able to cover everything, even 8-string territory (to the low extent at least---I know you give up the high when you only have six strings)

Still, gonna be great for dropped rhythm parts, I think.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:31 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Just got it. A whole octave down is kinda nuts---it's sub-bass, LOL. And of course that's gonna sound muddy.

But two, three or so steps down...I like this thing. I can have just one guitar, tuned to standard, and then play let's say Slayer into Motley Crue into Godsmack just by turning the knob a notch between songs. One click past that and you're in B, and so you can play seven-string rhythm parts. Pretty damn cool.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:36 am 
Kramer Maniac

Congrats!!!! The pedal is a definite keeper on my board. Unbelievable versatility.

I actually used it to record a bass line, just to see how it compared, and it was pretty good. Chords, etc. at that level get muddy, but single running bass lines are pretty kick ass with this thing.