Welcome to the Kramer Forum

Kramer Forum - dedicated to Kramer guitars and basses, instruments for rock musicians.
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:10 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:02 pm 
Kramer Kommander

Already posted in the Fishman thread, but I thought this may be interesting to pretty much anyone, thus the extra thread. Enjoy :)

P.S. of the new models, I prefer the Pegasus and Alpha/Omega set. Older models, Full Shred (just bought another one) and SH-5

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:47 am 
Kramer Maniac

Too many choices, but it is a good comparison video (well audio). I personally thought the JB sounded quite good. Others too, but the Pegasus :guns really stands out to me for the metal tone in this video and through my iPad speakers.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:29 am 
Kramer Kommander

Try using good headphones or real speakers, you can really hear the fine nuances that way. The audio quality is really good and reflects the actual sound very well. I tried like 8-9 of these pups, so I can confirm it first-hand.

Pity he didn't have the Perpetual Burn model, that's also quite nice. Somewhere in-between the JB and the Pegasus.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:38 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Thanks,cool video.
It’s funny because I’ve used JBs for a long time and that is actually the pickup that stood out to me from the video.
I also liked the Pegasus in the video.
I once played a guitar with a Nazgul and hated it but I thought it sounded good in the video.
I also liked the black winter.
I’d say those were my top 4.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:37 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Thanks for sharing, I prefer myself the pegasus and the SH14. Both are different but sounds good to my ears. :thumbs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:39 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Cool video! Not the type of guitar or processing that I use, but I think it still gave a nice comparison of pickups.

My favorites were the JB (go figure), Distortion (surprised me a bit in this demo, usually not my favorite), the Alternative 8 was impressive, and I also liked the Pegasus and Black Winter.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:40 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Anyone know about the Dimarzio Titan? I’m hearing good things about it, like the demos and the eq seems well balanced similar to some of these SD pickups that are featured in the video. Sorry for all the questions about pickups, I’m just looking to spend my money wisely. I’ve ruled out the fish man fluence and the black winters. Still torn between Pegasus, now the DMZ Titan and just sticking with what I know and love and grabbing another SD Distortion as I don’t currently have a guitar with a distortion in it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:28 am 
Kramer Kommander

My 2c - haven't tried the Titan, but I generally find most DiMarzios too compressed and lifeless in comparison to Duncans, only exception being Super3/Super Distortion.

Maybe this one will help:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:03 pm 
Kramer Maniac

_xxx_ wrote:
My 2c - haven't tried the Titan, but I generally find most DiMarzios too compressed and lifeless in comparison to Duncans, only exception being Super3/Super Distortion.

Maybe this one will help:

You were exactly right, I tried the Titan and remembered why I don’t have DMZ pickups. Too compressed.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:50 pm 
Kramer Maniac

Just did an eBay search and found a cheap pair of new in box Black Winters and made the purchase. Will post back results in a few weeks once these are delivered and installed. I’m excited. I haven’t tried any of the new Duncan metal pickups that have been released in the last few years.