This project almost gave me an ulcer
Prepped and soldered everything according to the project plan meaning two Hummers, one three-way, one Vol and two Tones. Nothing fancy or sophisticated. So far so good. Plugged it in and ... nothing
. Checked my soldering, checked any pot and switch used. Measured forward and backward. Checked here and the rest of the web for wiring diagrams. Couldn´t find where I did go wrong. Tried several other wirings to no avail. Let it sit the whole sunday because I was completely stumped by this problem.
Last stop barrel jack and ...
Not only had I ordered Switchcraft´s STEREO Barrel Jack instead of the mono version (same price, just one digit in the product serial# away). No, to add insult to injury I soldered my hot out to the middle ring instead of the hot tip
Well, five minutes later everything worked according to plan.
Pics and description to follow when the 7ender springs arrive. For now I´m just a bit drained and massively embarrassed
Don´t hold your breath, tho, it´s just some tiny do-over. On the other hand, the result surprised me big time.
Practice cures most tone issues.
Great Deals with MrWhipper, JoeyM, Del Hudson, skydive69 and Kramer Classic I